Pages

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Touring Bangalore


There was just so much to see in Bangalore and I only had one day to see as much as I could. The busy roads full of some of the boldest drivers and motorcyclist I have ever seen is a sight to see all in and of itself.

Did you know that they have a Ruby Tuesday and TGIFriday's? We don't even have that in my part of Cali!

So this was one of the most amazing sights of the day. This shrine to Shiva is a very popular location. You can come and pray and be blessed after shopping at the mall in front of it. Believe it or not I didn't shop there.
According to Wikipedia: Shiva (also Siva) (pronounced /ˈʃiːvə/; Sanskrit: शिव, Śiva; IPA: [ˈɕiʋə]; meaning "Auspicious one", Tamil: சிவன் civan), is a majorHindu deity, and the Destroyer or transformer of the Trimurti, the Hindu Trinity of the primary aspects of the divine.[2] In the Shaivatradition of Hinduism, Shiva is seen as the Supreme Being. In the Smarta tradition, he is regarded as one of the five primary forms of God.[3]

Find more of the pictures from my tour of the city on facebook. http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2086762&id=28002951
One of the Judicial Palaces in Bangalore! The cool fact I learned is that it was designed in such a way that you get natural circulation in all of the rooms!


According to my guide and driver Arun, coconut milk is an Indian Energy drink. Funny because I had just tried this a week ago with Shante in New York. Not my favorite taste in the world, but thought I'd give it another try!


This is another shrine called, Bull Temple! I should ha
ve taken a picture of me leaving my shoes at the entrance. This Bull was carved out of one huge boulder. They've lathered this bull up with lots of sacred oils.





This is the hotel for the next phase of my adventure. I'm catching a 6am flight to the city of Goa and staying at the Chalston Beach Resort.Chalston Beach Resort is situated at the most famous beach in Goa, Calangute, also known as the "Queen of beaches". The service is personal, the family and the friendly staff being around at all times to ensure your comfort! The rooms are tastefully furnished and comfortable. Most of them have balconies overlooking the Arabian Sea.

Ayurveda Anyone? So the one thing I'm most looking forward to is the 7 day retreat at the Ayurvedic Natural Health Centre. For the next week I will be participating in an individualized program to help me get my mind and body back to basics.Ayurveda teaches us the appropriate life style to keep away from this toxins by creating an equilibrimium in the body.

After cancer treatments, the stress and strain of work and my Master's program, I never had a real break until now. I talked to God sometime ago about by body and mind needing real time to heal! So hear I am. This is an answered prayer and I'm going to embrace every moment.

Here's what each day will consist of:

A Typical day at the resort is normally as follows (subject to change)
6.30 am - Wake up call
7.15 am - Pick up from the resort
7.30 am to 9.00 am - Yoga classes, pranayama, meditation
9.00 am to 10.00 am - Breakfast
10.00 am - Consultation Schedule is displayed on the Notice Board
10.30 am to 1.00 pm - Ayurvedic treatment and therapies for 2 and half hours as prescribed by the physician
1.30 pm to 2.30 pm - Lunch
2.30 pm - Drop back to the resort
A health Package at ANHC Goa India comprises of
Doctors Consultation and Examination
Pulse diagnosis, tongue diagnosis and Pathological Investigations
Determination of Prakruti - Body Constitution
Health Profile
Follow-up consultation on regular basis
Ashtanga Yoga, Breathing Exercises and Mind Body Relaxation techniques
External Ayurvedic Treatments and Therapies for 2 and 1/2 hrs everyday
Health Meals
Panchakarma if advised by the physician
Medicine for the stay duration prescribed by the physician. ( Medicines will be prescribed on discharge for continuation treatment )
Seight Seeing within North Goa
Educational Sessions
Beach Drop
Accomodation at different stay options
For more information check out the ANHC website: http://www.healthandayurveda.com/index.html
Not sure how much blogging I'll be doing while finding Peace of Mind, but stay tuned...
From India WithLove,
Ashley

2 comments:

  1. Ashley, did you get your Eat, Pray, Love on?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley you are living my dream...I am a spa-loving cousin! Perhaps you can introduce Ayurveda to family members during the next reunion. Welcome home! Love Ya!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete