Pages

Friday, July 8, 2011

Food Finds- I'm A Foodie!

As the title states, I consider myself a huge foodie!  While I may not write Yelp reviews much, I certainly use the site for a lot of my food finds. Before every trip you will find me researching the top restaurants & random "hole in the wall" locations for the next great meal!  I've followed in the footsteps of some "foodie giants" like, Anthony Bourdain, Guy Fieri, and Rachel Ray.  Well, now you can follow me!  Here are some of my 2011 Food Finds:


Thanks to Yelp & the Food Network I found my way to Miss Shirley's Cafe in Baltimore
Miss Shirley's Affair Oscar w/ is definitely an affair to savor! 
Two (2oz) filets topped with jumbo lump crab meat, asparagus & heavenly hollandaise, on fried green tomatoes and a bed of savory  grits w/ bacon & dusted with Old Bay!



Mo crab @ Mo's Seafood in Little Italy!
That's crab legs, crab imperial, & a baseball size lump crabcake
This is why it is important to get to know your hotel staff!

Adventures in Anaheim, CA...
After a fun night in Anaheim, my best friend and I were on the hunt for a great breakfast place!  The one requirement was Crepes.  Low and behold we discovered Anepalco's Cafe.  This little gem offered both French style crepes and Mexican dishes!  Gotta love Cali!

18. Anepalco's Chilaquiles
Tortilla Chips, Red Sauce, Scrambled eggs, Cotija Cheese, Sour Cream, Avocado Mousse, Pico de Gallo

Chocolat Crepe with almonds, bananas, powdered sugar, and whipped cream

Last but not least is a place close to home here in T.O. (Thousand Oaks)!  When I want to show folks a good time  I take them to Blue Stove for a great small plate experience!
Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos!

Lemon scented risotto & Scallops!


Bon Appetit!

1 comment:

  1. I did enjoy Mo's and the scallops look good too! I see you gettin your bloggin grove back Stella...l0l. Just make sure that you keep me posted on your reunion trip!

    ReplyDelete